Friday, August 1, 2008

What being a Mommy is all about

I knew something wasn't right when Courtney slowly drank 2 oz of milk this morning then handed me her bottle and said done. That is not my typical chug 8 oz in 30 seconds baby. I put her back in bed and a short 15 minutes later she was calling for me. I went in and got her and we laid on our bed and watched her new favorite movie Busy Buzby (or something like that). She laid next to me sipping on her bottle, I was too tired to think much so I just laid next to her. Oh, what a bad idea that was. She coughed, nothing, coughed a little more, nothing. Ok, I was fine. Then it came, curdled mild, cough (to spray the curdled milk all over me), then a little more curdled milk. All in the matter of a few seconds this happened. I sit up and just look at her, trying to decide the best way to tackle this mess. No washer and dryer here, so I strip her and wrap everything up in the sheets to take to the laundry mat at a later time. I ask if she wants to take a bath. With curdled milk still lingering on her chin she joyously says 'ba!'. I wipe her face with the already disgusting sheet and we proceed to the bathroom. I get the water just perfect, bubbled up along with foam letters and numbers and a truck and jet ski to play with but she doesn't want to sit down. Whatever, I wash her hair while she is standing and wash the rest of her which is surprisingly easier than when she is sitting. All clean and ready to enjoy the bath, oh no, not this morning. I must not have been paying that good of attention or there were too many toys in with her because all I noticed was she was sitting down, it took me a minute to notice all the poop floating around with the toys. What does a mom do in this situation? She quickly grabs the poop before the 1 year old - with her hand! OK, that is something you can say you would never have thought you would say. We then drained that perfect bath, washed off all the toys and started the venture all over again....and that was all before 8 o'clock this morning!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Jeb did the same thing in the tub last night. So gross. Ahhh, the joys of motherhood.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate... Been there done that. There is nothing worse then that curled milk smell YUCKY! U poor girl I feel for u. I hope Court feels better real soon ..

Robyn said...

Bodily function clean-up is one of the less glamorous parts of our jobs! I hope Courtney feels better!