Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Godspeed Chapman Family

This morning Steven Curtis Chapman and his family did their first TV interview since the accident that resulted in the death of their little girl. I'll tell you what, that family is incredible - what a testimony of faith! For those of you who didn't watch it, they interviewed him and his wife and she is a very normal mom who just wants her baby girl back. But, she knows she is whole, she knows she is happy, and she knows she will be with her again. I think the most touching part of the interview was the interview of the 3 oldest children. The brother of the son that was driving the car said he just wanted to take the pain away from his brother. He said he didn't want to watch him grow though it, that he would rather endear the pain for him than watch him suffer. These are teenagers! I can only pray that my children will feel that way for each other, that they will have the Lord in their heart the way those children do.

I had Courtney on my lap as I watched the interview, as they played the home videos of this adorable little girl and her family. All I could do was hold my baby close and thank God for the time I have had with her.

Here are some pictures of my little girl from our Tennessee trip...getting ready to go home today, we leave tomorrow.

On the airplane...

So proud with her Dada on the tractor.

The rare picture of my husband smiling; really smiling. :-)

So tired but so cute.

She can't leave Dada alone; not even while he showers!



When she was a baby baby she had a 'mr crab' toy; this his her 'big girl mr crab'.


Her hair is just incredible here, not such a good picture, but the hair!

here too. the hair.

I ask, 'do you want to go see Dada'. She says "dada" and goes and stands by the door.




She just thought she was so funny climbing in the big pot.

She wore her pig tails for hours yesterday! I was sooooooooooo proud!

This is her looking at her Daddy - priceless.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I agree... that is a rare smile. Hope you made it home ok!!!

Olivia Grace said...

Looks like you had a great time.