Monday, August 11, 2008

Home again...

We are home, we've been home but I haven't had time to blog. I know, how is that possible! Well, we had a great time with Dada in Tennessee but last Thursday we packed up and headed home. It took us just over 10 hours to make the drive with stops for the baby and wasn't really that bad. She was only fussy for a little while and just slept, danced, or watched a movie the rest of the time.

It was good to be back home with both kids. Bo (our mastiff) got attacked while we were gone. We don't know what it was or what happened but our friend who comes to take care of our animals cleaned puddles of blood up off the porch and sprayed the house down where there was blood all over it. Then, talking to the neighbor, he heard it. Bo is hurt pretty bad and the side of his face has a big huge gash in it and is really swollen. I felt bad enough for him that after a nice bath, I let him come in the house and even went and got him a bone. (that is really a big deal for me, he has been inside 2 times now in the past 2 years!). He seems to be getting better though.

We also came home to 2 kittens. We have a, well, promiscuous cat who has now had 3 litters in the past 2 years I think. She is so mean and ugly, I can't believe she can get a date! :-)

Other than that, the house was still standing and I even left it clean. We had a great weekend with Ethan; we went to the lake on Saturday and played all day in the rain. We surprised him and took him over to his best friend Trevor's dock. It was classic when they saw each other - Trevor comes running down the dock, Ethan goes running across the shore, both yelling each other's name and collide when they get to each other. It was like they hadn't seen each other in years! It was fun though, his parents are great people, all the boys (and Trevor's sister) went knee boarding which both the boys just learned how to do this year. Trevor came back into the cove backwards which was quite impressive!

Paul left after church and lunch yesterday; that was tougher than before. I was totally fine until I got out of the truck to hug him. Then it hit me - he's leaving for 2 weeks! I guess I got used to him being around all the time again. We keep praying for a local job, but we know this is what we have to do for now. God has a plan, we are sure of that.

Here are some pictures of our darling kids from the weekend...

Sooooooooooooo happy to be home!

Waiting for Ethan to come home Thursday night, trying to stay awake.

...didn't make it.


E woke Courtney up...he couldn't resist. She was very happy to see her brother.

Ethan 'made Courtney' out of blocks the next morning.

Paul's aunt got these boots for Courtney and I just can't wait until she fits in them. They are a little large yet and make her walk funny, but she loved wearing them and didn't want to take them off.

I don't think she'll be a leg model.

Going out on the lake. My 2 adorable kids!

This was this morning; my favorite time of the day. Every morning I bring Courtney into bed after she wakes up and we grab a book from her shelf to read. She was being quite independent this morning as you can tell.

No comments: