Monday, June 30, 2008

Prayer Answered

I was going to title this "Small Prayer Answered", then I took out the 'small' part. Is any prayer really small? A request to God, something on our heart that we want his help with, I didn't think so. Therefore, this post is now officially titled "Prayer Answered".

When Paul took his traveling job I was concerned with him missing things, missing family events, swim lessons, baseball games, church events, etc. God seems to be there when we need him to most and my concern which turned into a prayer was answered for the first time since Paul started this job. Small to some, huge to us.

Pinnacle Hills (division of our church) had Celebration @ the Crosses this Sunday night; there was music, food, dancing (not us), baptisms and fireworks. It was a great time for fellowship and celebration of our AMAZING COUNTRY and the men and women that fight for it and baptisms of over 50 people! WOW. Anyway, it didn't start until 7 and Paul's flight on Sundays takes off at 4:15, so I was just going to take the kids. As we were heading into town for the event, Paul called (ok, messaged, we are message-a-holics) and let me know that his flight was canceled and he would meet us at the church. How awesome is that? I was just happy to have another night/day with him but through the night, as we hung out with couples from our connection group and watched fireworks, I knew God was looking down on me saying 'you're welcome'. Having him there for that night was such a blessing and very comforting.

Here are a few pictures of the evening. These are 'the crosses', they are huge and you can see them from far far away! There is a baptism pool at the bottom of them where Pastor baptized over 50 people!!!

Courtney was soooo happy to have Dada home.



The best I could do with these three! :-)

Ethan is turning into a little 'mini me'.

Watching fireworks with my baby; she loves them.

It wasn't that light outside, I just haven't figured out how to use my camera for night shots.

So cool. Zach grabbed our camera and took this picture. How awesome is that? That is only a 'media guy' is what that is. Normal people don't think to do that, but us media nerds, oh yeah, we're all over that stuff! Thanks, Zach.

1 comment:

James and Shanna said...

What a blessing! I am glad you got to spend the extra time together. We are praying for all 4 of you!