Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What a weekend.

What a great weekend! Paul came home on Thursday night, I let the kids stay up until 11 to wait for him - he was quite happy about that. We all had a wonderful time spending family time together and just enjoying the time we had. Although Paul had only been gone a few days, it still made us realize what it's going to be like. Poor Paul had to spend Friday doing the yards - I don't want 3 acres anymore! While he got all that done, I took Ethan into town to get some shoes as he has enormous feet and could no long shove his toes into a size 12 (he wears a size 2!). He was so happy to get some "Air-Raiders" - they are Sketchers and every cool kid has them. I was not even aware these shoes existed, I must be getting old. It was the first time in a while that I was able to spend time with Ethan without Courtney and it was awesome. We really had a good time. He is so much fun and since he's getting 'older', he actually enjoyed just hanging out.

Sunday was Father's Day and we went to church and the lake. I went in to Ethan's church after we got out for some reason I am unaware of and he asked if he could come to our connection group with us instead of his. I didn't get it, but said yes of course. So he hung out with us while Zach talked about the difficulties of being a Christian and how we so often forget about our "First Love". It was a good message for Ethan to listen to while he ate his muffin and drank my Coke.

When we got out of Church we headed to the lake and had a blast! Ethan tried so hard to wake board and just can't quite get it yet. He gets kinda nervous still but we'll fix that with the boys in CA this summer. He did ski though and did awesome. He went over another boat's waves and caught air! Then crashed. Stefani's Dad has a house on the lake, so we took him up to her via Jetski - I sat on the back of our 1100 3 seater and have never held on so tight! I truly thought I was going to fly off the back and no one would know. It took us longer to find their dock as for some reason we all thought it was a good idea to rely on a 7 year old to give us directions on a lake!

We had some friends with us who watched Courtney while we delivered Ethan which was nice. Then we got to business and wake boarded, skied and jumped the wake of the boat on the jetski. Did you know it is illegal to jump the wake within 300 feet or something? I did not know that but our friend got a 'warning' for it. Glad we know now I guess. After hours of no sunscreen we were all fried (other than Courtney who has a nice golden tan).

Paul went home yesterday morning and this time is definitely different. Last time was only 4 days and I had stuff to do every day so it wasn't so bad. This time is almost 2 weeks and it's an off week with NOTHING going on! Last night was pretty hard but I'm sure it will get better. The Lord has us here for a reason and some day he will let us know what that is.

This is Paul's job, such a beautiful sunset. His job is GINORMOUS!
These are some rocks that were under the ground. Apparently where he is sitting was flat before they blew the living day lights out of it. He is LOVING the blasting part.

Still a little wobbly.
So the other day Courtney got into my bathing suit drawer and managed to get this on. So what if it's upside down! then I grabbed the camera and she stopped and said "chs".
Ethan had his last game last Thursday and they got these awesome trophies. They are WAY better than the little plastic guy we used to get. Thanks AW Bravis!
Ethan sharing his new shoes.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I love the new look!

We will continue to pray for you all while Paul is away.