Friday, October 17, 2008

jump rope anyone?

So, Paul and I went to the gym the other day. We worked chest. Why? I don't know. Me, work chest, not making sense to me either. But I did and that was fine; I was even stronger on one of the exercises than one of Paul's friend (to remain nameless). Once we were done doing our chest work out we went over and he handed me a jump-rope. "No problem" I think. I haven't done this is 15 years but that doesn't matter. Oh, it mattered! I couldn't go around 5 times without messing up! "What was wrong with me, I'm coordinated, I should be able to do this." So me being the comical person I am starts cracking myself up. Paul looked at me, "what in the heck are you doing" with a smile cracking. "You've never seen anyone run and jump rope?" I asked him. "No" he says with a smile. Now, I didn't think it was that funny since that was the only way I could do more than 5 arounds at a time. (arounds at a time? whatever)

So, my challenge to all of you. Go try it. I know you are sitting there saying, "what a dork, I can still jump rope". My friends, I bet you can't! And even better, you'll be sore!!! Yes, from jumping rope!!!

No comments: