Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

What am I thankful for this year? My family! This year we went to my sister Shannon's and had a great time! We just hung out, ate, and busted open the pinata! Yes, a pinata at Thanksgiving. It was a BLAST. According to my brother-in-law, it is tradition in his family to have a pinata for Thanksgiving. Odd, maybe. Fun, definitely. :-)

This moment was priceless. This is my Grandma with my daughter and my sister's daughter (who are 2 weeks apart). They both climbed up in Grandma's lap. THIS is what Thanksgiving is about.

And the next generation. My Dad has his turn too...How does Courtney look just like me and I look just like my Dad, but I don't think they look alike at all?!?! hmm...
The cousins...
My sweet nephew Carter.
Let the pinata.....challenge us!!! Uncle Jim showing Courtney (the youngest of the group) how to take aim.
....not quite enough to break it...
Kaylee was next...Ali showed her how...
Uncle Jim showed her how to HIT it.
I LOVE Carter's face here. The kids had so much fun.
Then there was Alina...
And then there was Anthony...I was SURE he would bust it...
And back to the youngest...encouraged to kick it...steal toe boots may have helped.

We decided to bring in reinforcements...Tad...the youngest of the "older kids".
I was up next!
and chaos....
Auntie Shannon showing Courtney how to look through the kaleidoscope.
Uncle Dave doing what Uncle Dave does...
All in all, Thanksgiving was great. On to the next year of thanks.