Monday, May 5, 2008

What a weekend!

Wow, we had a crazy busy weekend! Thursday Ethan had a baseball game; he did great but they lost their first game. Here are some pictures of that...







Friday Ethan was in a musical at school - 101 dalmatians. That was adorable. He did a great job and enjoyed it all 5 times they did the musical. We had some extra spots after the costumes were done so I made his two baby sisters some outfits to match. I will post those when Stefani (the evil ex :-)) sends them to me as I set the camera out and left it right where I left it out. Ok, here they are...she is no longer evil. :-)




Then, Saturday we had my two Arki sisters up for a birthday party for Courtney. She turns 1 next Saturday which is just CRAZY to think about. We had a wonderful time with my family over. We just hung out had a really big pizza from Hawg Town and did the birthday thing. Courtney was a good sport and seemed to enjoy herself. She is a great present opener and even dug into her cake a little bit. Paul has a friend that does amazing cakes, so we had her make Courtney's 1st cake; she did Ethan's first cake 7 years ago, so that was kind of neat. She really did a great job! Check out these pictures of my darling daughter, son, nephew and niece.














And then....Sunday afternoon, after the Arki's left we went to the church bbq and fun day. We had a blast! Ethan got to go down the huge slide that he wanted to take Courtney on and I said NO! Courtney got to ride a pony and she didn't freak out. (picture below) then we all went and played softball; even Ethan. We had a blast. It was duck soup softball which was great fun. The first inning is normal, the second inning you have to run backwards or you are out, the 3rd inning you run the bases backwards (3rd, 2nd, 1st) which was awkward (Ethan and I both got a hit that inning), the 4th inning was kick ball, 5th was T-ball, and 6th was back to normal. We had so much fun and Courtney just hung out in the dug out for the first 4 innings in her stroller eating cheetos and drinking water. She did great.



Oh, and I almost forgot! We went on a safari at a friend's house. Ok, so not so much a safari but it felt like it! He has a BUNCH of cows so we drove out in the field to show the kids. Paul and Ethan got out to try to touch the baby and the whole herd came towards them; I start freaking out, they get back in the truck. Then all the cows and the bull (that is almost as big as my truck mind you) are surrounding us! Paul rolls all the windows down and the bull of all things comes towards my window. Again, I start freaking out (I think I scared Courtney) but the darn thing was going to stick his head in my window and eat us! So i rolled the window up, and Paul make me roll it back down. Not cool! To make a short story not long, they cows didn't get us and the kids loved seeing them. I don't know why I am afraid of cows but boy are they scary. Big ol' long tongues and the fact that they are taller than my truck...ewe!



2 comments:

Angela said...

We missed you guys in cg! Sounds like you had a CRAZY weekend. I LOVE the kitty cake!

Robyn said...

I can't believe you all fit all of that into one weekend! Courtney's cake was so cute!