Monday, April 18, 2011

First "look" at our baby....BOY!

Seriously, it's been 5 years since we had an ultrasound. 5 years. Not 25, 5. They have come so far! I am not medically "smart". Honestly, with Courtney, I took their word for it that she was a girl because I could not tell. At all. Looking at her ultrasound pictures now, I still can't! Her little foot and spine are about all I could make out for sure. Oh, it's changed. I think even Courtney could tell her little brother's parts the other day! :-) So, it's official, he is a boy. He was NOT shy and we are excited to know and stop calling him "it". Ethan is also excited, he finally gets a brother! Courtney, not so much. A few tid bits from the mind of a 3 year old who really wanted a sister....On the phone with my mom...all I hear is "NO, Nana...I really am NOT excited that its a boy. I really wanted a sister." Talking to me later ME: "Baby, I'm sorry you aren't excited that our baby is a boy." Courtney: "It's ok, I will still love him and sing to him and read to him and help you feed him BUT I really don't WANT him." Courtney talking to my belly "I still love you, even if you are a boy". Oh, how I love her. She will be great with him, I just know it. But for now, we let her process and be ok and laugh at how her little mind works.

Here he is......Austin Dale!



1 comment:

Angela said...

Oh YAY!! So excited for you guys. BOYS ARE AMAZING!!!! So different from little girls. You are so blessed to have both.