Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Courtney's Room is D.O.N.E.!!!!!

Holy moly...I can't believe its done...well, is it really ever d.o.n.e? I started out with lavender walls. The two colors we had in her old room and just rolled with it. I made a couple mistakes and just kept painting. Oh, the joy of paint. You mess up a strip, just make it bigger. You go out of the lines, just outline it all. Seriously, I love how it turned out. It's kind of 'princess-ish' but hey, she's our little 4-wheeler riding princes. It is what it is and she likes it. The hardest part was the Bible verse. And not painting it. Although that was simply time consuming! As I sat down to come up with a verse, many came to mind. Her verse her Auntie Shannon first gave her "Be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is always with you" Joshua 1:9. Once of my favorites "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13. From James for simplicity "Jesus Wept" John 11:35....what was I searching for seemed so simple! One verse to give her an idea of what the Bible is and why God wrote it. HA! That is funny. Then. It came to me. I was listening to a sermon by my oh so favorite pastor of all time Perry Noble (sorry Mike, you are a close 2nd though) and he quoted Roman 12:2 "Do not be conformed to the ways of this world. But be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect". That was it! What prayer do I have for my little girl? To NOT follow the ways of this world! But to follow the will of God! I was so excited when that came to me. Then, as I designed the cross to go along with it on Photoshop, I thought of a way to help her learn the meaning of the verse as she grows up. Although she is smart, I doubt she will know what the word 'discern' means for a while. So, I painted certain parts in pink to stick out and be a 'shortened' version of the verse. "Do not be conformed, but be transformed by God." I sure love my little girl and I hope through my creativity, I am able to help her relationship with God grow...we now read that verse every night and it means so much to me. It also helps her with her letters...last night she wanted to point at each one and ask me what it was. I would tell her and she would say "yes! Mommy, that's right."

*on a creative note. Yes, I made the crafts in her room and yes, I am for hire! :-)



1 comment:

Olivia Grace said...

So cute!! Good to see you today!