Monday, July 21, 2008

More CA

When we got back from the lake (read prior post if you haven't read about the lake, it's fun) Courtney and I went to visit my family for a few days. In about the past 5 years I have really started to appreciate my grandparents and really enjoy spending time with them. Since Grandpa died last year I have been reminded of our short time here and have really tried to 'get to know' my grandma better. I'm not sure if it's my age, maturity or just God opening my eyes, but I love sitting and talking with my Grandparents now. I've always enjoyed them, but it's different now. Like I told Grandma a week or so ago..."it's like I realized you are a normal person all of a sudden". (she understood) So we just talk, we talk about Paul (she adores him..no, she LOVES HIM TO PIECES!), we talk about the world and what is going on, we talk about Grandpa, we talk about her marriage, we talk about her memories, we talk about pretty much everything, some times even things I don't necessarily want to hear, but we talk and I enjoy it. Some day she will get to be with Grandpa and I really don't want to wonder if I could have gotten to know her better.

So, Grandma was our first stop in OC. Here is a cute picture of her and Courtney.
After Grandma's we went to Newport where my parents live and Courtney got to go to the beach for the first time. She did not like it at first, not only did she not like it, she hated it! Notice, she is not smiling.
Bopa tried to get her to like it since I couldn't.
So what if I copied Angela and Matt for this picture, it's still cute.
They don't have this one though, do they?

Walking with your grand-daughter on the beach: priceless

She says 'ewe, ewe'.
Run run run
This is just funny.

And after the beach we kept walking down to Balboa and she got to ride on a the carousel...she hated that too.
Chsss

The last day we were in town we picked Grandma up for lunch and I kidnapped her for the day. Ok, I called the night before and asked if she wanted to hang out for the day; she checked her calender (literally) and agreed. So, after lunch at Friday's (try the Jack Daniel's burger, it rocks!) we went down to Irvine to some indoor kart racing. K1 something or other where I proceeded to not whoop my dad's butt which I had nicely told him I was going to do the night before. Although I improved each race (and we did come in 1st and 2nd two out of 3 races) he seemed to improve too. Whatever.
This is me, I'm going way faster than I look.
This is Dad, he is going as fast as he looks. :-)
When we pulled up to the racing place Grandma said, "oh, you weren't kidding".
In the racing seat...where she'll never be! hehe (sorry hun)
#1 baby

What a great trip.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful trip...I love all of the pictures!