Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Apartment Living

As you all know, Paul is working in Tennessee building some apartments. He recently got an apartment (1 bedroom) and Courtney and I are here visiting for 2 weeks. Tomorrow is our 1 week mark and I'll tell you what, we love it here! Those of you who know me know (I say think) I am spoiled and pretty high maintenance. (I prefer well taken care of and clean) Many would have doubted me living in an apartment, as I did. But I'll tell you what, the simple fact that my husband is here, I get to see him every day, I get to sleep next to him at night, and Courtney gets to kiss him goodnight (many many times) makes it ALL worth it.

There is about 1/4 the space than our house, Courtney trumps us and takes the bedroom so Paul and I are camping in the living room every night, there is only 1 bathroom, no wireless internet, no kitchen table and everything is miniature - the fridge is smaller, the bathtub is tiny, even the kitchen sink is super shallow; none of which I realized until I had a house. But you know what? I don't even mind; it's less to clean! I am so happy to just be here and have our little family together, I thank the Lord that I am able to be here for so long and not have to report to a 'job' and leave my husband.

Last night we were all hanging out in the living room and Paul and I were both messing with our phones and I realized Courtney doesn't call him anymore. Since we got here she has not picked up my phone to call Dada, not once. How incredible is that, a 1 year old has the security that she gets to see her Dada every day and doesn't need to call him. Although she has been sick since we got here, she is so happy to have her Mama AND Dada every day. The other night she gave him a kiss 'ni-ni', walked about 5 feet, turned around and gave him another - turned back around, walked about 10 feet and went back for yet another. She did that about 5 more times until she finally climbed up in Dada's lap with tears running down both of our faces. It was the most adorable thing ever.

Side note - Ethan did that when we first moved out to Arkansas. We dropped him off at his mom's house and as we were driving away he came running up, opened the truck door and said to Paul "just one more" and kissed him, climbed out and closed the door. Aren't children just amazing some times?

Anyway, here are some pictures from the past week here in Tennessee.

This one is at the shopping center (there are sooooooo many of them here!). This is in the family bathroom where there is a mini toilet for the little ones. I had to take a picture.

Dada got Courtney her own baby in a car seat, she is pretty rough putting her in the seat and kinda smacks her around when she carries the seat, but she loves it.

I was taking Courtney swimming yesterday and this is how she came around the corner...I guess I left the 'under garment' drawer open...(that's a sports bra, not underwear!)

Paul got me the best sticker ever!

She LOVES shoes...

After scooping out the apple sauce she decided to arrange her chicken sticks nicely in order.

Not my typical baby who hates the tv. I put a Christian dvd on this morning and she was mesmerized, even climbed up on the couch to watch it with me.


She's not really that fat, just a bad angle. :-)

2 comments:

Angela said...

I LOVE the toilet shot. Very nice. Please tell me no one saw you taking pictures in the bathroom! What did we do before camera phones?

Annie said...

No one saw, the bathroom is one of those 'private' ones. Wonder if it's illegal to take that picture...should I remove it? ;)