Thursday, June 5, 2008

How can one choose?

I have the hardest time choosing pictures to post! Since digital cameras came along and made picture taking for compulsive mothers free; picture taking has turned into a Doritos commercial - 'you can't just take one'. So, I end up with 483,489,343,494,433.4 pictures and I am supposed to be able to pick a FEW good ones? HA! I have the double whammy too. I long to be a photographer. A mom with a dream you may call me. (that sounded so corney when I typed it)

Anyway, it's late, Paul is in GA for an interview in the morning (keep praying for an offer), I am eating cheesecake brownie icecream (thanks Ben & Jerry) for dinner, watching basketball - I hate the Lakers, I don't care about them, but Paul does, wondering what to do next as I am not a fan of being alone. I'll just write...

Today was a great day. I took Courtney into town with me and we got my hair cut - virtually impossible these days as the lady that does my hair is never in. She works at MasterCuts at the mall, yes, I said MasterCuts. She should work in a salon, but I don't mind her working at MasterCuts - I get a $15 hair cut and she gets great benefits - it's a win win situation in my opinion. Then Courtney and I went off to FBCS where I proceeded to get a job. Yeah, a job - but not until August; I wouldn't want to ruin my summer plans. :-) I am going to be working KDO next year and be in the 1 year old class so I can be with Courtney. Living so far out of town and Paul possibly taking a traveling job, it will do me good to have a reason to go to town a few times a week. Then, we went off to Toys R Us - I totally forget about that store and they have some great baby stuff. We didn't get much, just a whipes case I have been looking for and some face sunscreen (that I left in the car for the part of the day she needed it). At that point we went off in the car for Courtney to have a nap. I had drank waaaay too much tea and needed to stop. I look in the back seat and she is already out! Great, what to do. I think quick and head to Fayetteville Chevrolet. Why would you go there, you may ask. Because, my husband likes to hang out there and talk to a salesman as he thinks he is going to get a Camaro in 2010 and a Vette...in...never. So, I knew I could run in there to use the potty. A bonus, there is always someone at the door - and I feel like I know them all, so I ran in there - told the guy at the front door to make sure my truck doesn't disappear with my sleeping child in it. I talked to the salesman - very nice guy - his name is Mike if you ever want a Chevy - go see him, then headed back to the car to go to the park. At the park Courtney continued to sleep so I took advantage of the moment and read my Bible. Yeah, what a concept! I was messing around with my phone and it hit me - that little red book is right there, the baby is sleeping, use the time wisely. Crazy! When Courtney woke up we went out on the baseball field and I proceeded to take some darling pictures of my darling daughter. She loves being outside and is not so fond of grass yet, so I took her to the nicely groomed grass at Walker park and she was ok with it. After a few times of the wind knocking her down; Ethan showed up to get ready for his game. He had an amazing game! He got a couple hits, a bunch of RBIs, played left field and got about 5 plays. It was great! Our friend's (I think they are still our friends) son was playing on another field so I went over to see them. When I came back, there was no one on Ethan's field...I looked to the dugout, no one....I looked to the stands...no one and my stuff was gone....I wonder - hmm..go to the truck - Stefani (the NICE Ex) is loading my truck for me. I felt pretty dumb, but it was kinda nice of her to do that when I forget my brain! Ethan asked if he could go with me for a bit and the x was nice yet again and said yeah. (I am blessed with Ethan's mom, her and I get along well. as far as ex-wives go, I couldn't ask for a better one. HAHA) It was kinda cool that Ethan asked to go with me though seeing is how Daddy wasn't even there. So we hung out and watched the rest of what I believe are our friends game. I let Ethan play on the playground for a little bit and Courtney went down the slide for the first time. He is a wonderful big brother! We took Ethan home and came home ourselves and that is what lead me here...what a wonderful story teller I am...NOT!

Enjoy the pictures.









No comments: