Monday, June 23, 2008

Children

Do you ever sit back and look at your children and really think "I made that, she grew inside of me and now she is a little person". I do, and have been lately. Maybe it's because Paul is gone now so I am trying to make sure I tell him everything, but Courtney is doing so much that just amazes me, makes me laugh, makes me tear up, and even makes me upset. OK, not so much upset, but what is the word for when your 1 year old does something and it upsets you? :-)

In the last week she has
  • said her first prayer: the other night i asked her if she wanted to pray. she clapped her hands together, mumbled for about 7 seconds, then said ame(n)
  • brought me a diaper and laid down to be changed: today she smelled. i said to her 'go get mama a diaper', she turns around says 'dia' (while she grabs her butt), goes into her room (i watched her and this was funny) forgot what she went in there for and looked around so I said 'diaper' and she repeated 'dia' (again while she grabs her butt) and grabbed a diaper, came out and handed it to me. i then asked her to lay down - totally not thinking she would and she did! on the tile, in the kitchen. later, she did it again, so it wasn't a fluke!
  • told me something was ho(t): she was eating raviolis for lunch today (or was it dinner) and i had cut them up. she reached down, picked one up and it was too warm (i promise it wasn't hot) for her and she put it down and said 'ha'
  • says so many new words or at least the first couple letters of them - pss being the best one. that means please.
  • longs for attention: (this is on the 'upset' list) she was throwing a fit in the kitchen today and found out i couldn't see her because i was in the living room so she moved to the dining room so i could see her and continued her fit
  • calls dada about 10 times a day: she has figured out how to call him, i am not even joking. she calls him (speed dial), his picture shows up on the phone and she says 'dada' then talks and talks, carries the phone around and puts it to her ear with her shoulder even!
  • knows on and off: (another for the 'upset' list) she does NOT like watching tv and therefore does not like mama to watch tv. she turns it off when i turn it on and turns around and looks at me like 'don't turn that on'. then i turn it on and when the sound comes back on she turns real quick to see that it's on then goes and turns it off. Also, the phone is on the floor in our room, good place for it, i know. either way, she knows how to make the answering machine guy talk and she knows how to turn it on speaker phone so the operator will talk. she enjoys that a lot BUT when i tell her to turn it off, she does. until she turns it back on again.

Anyway, that all just seems like she is growing up so fast! It makes me happy and sad all at the same time. What an amazing blessing God has given me; I just wish it didn't go by so fast.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Hey Chic. So good to be back. Sweet post. Kids are so amazing. Can't wait to see you this week. Hope you are coming to Girls Night Out!!