Monday, June 15, 2009

summer happenings...round 2

Having a 2 year old seems to keep a mom busy, even in the summer. Last week we were at Kid-a-polooza (VBS). Courtney had a blast! Every day I would go get her and she was wired! She saw me teaching my class on Thursday and did not even care to see me. She was polite and gave me a kiss but went right back to her teacher. I went and watched her with the other preschoolers as Ms Gina danced and sang...and Courtney danced too. I think she was one of 3 others that were standing up and dancing. Even then, she gave me a kiss and went on back to dancing. She was super excited to make her crafts and show them to us when we got home too. The first day she made a creation hat. (which was later tortured during a fit at nap time)

This picture cracks me up. Looks like she is about to dive off the couch, I promise she didn't.

Day 2 she made a hand print painting and day 3 she planted another flower. We are expecting to have a full garden by kindergarten. She now has 2 plants to water each day and is on a break from drowning them 2 days ago.


One of her new things is to sit on daddy's head. And obviously touch the window behind her!

Day 4 she made a heart with her picture on it. Here she is putting her heart on her heart where Jesus lives.

And Courtney's new kitchen. Paul's parents got this for her while they were here as a late birthday present. She LOVES it! If you ask her, she will say "I lobe it, mommy. I lobe my titchen". I simply can't believe her imagination already. She pays so much attention to me, I better watch it! She washes her dishes and puts them away. She gets her baby a glass of water from the sink. She will wash her hands in the sink and get soap from a button on the microwave...the same button every time. She likes to make chicken and bananas. Both baked.




Big girl bed. Why oh why did we do this? No, she wasn't climbing out. No, she wasn't having a fit. Yes, she was sleeping just fine. Why? I don't know now. We made the switch though. The first night when great. Even the next morning she woke up and was crying for me. I walked in to find her sitting on the bed. I thought 'this is going to work great'. Oh, I was wrong! Nap time rolls around. 2.5 hours later, I give up! Everything from, "I have to go potty" to "my pull-up is wet" to "I'm hot" (seriously, hot? does she even know what she is saying). I walked out once to her dancing in the living room. So cute, how can I get upset over that? I walk her back to her bed. I come out again and she is swiffering the floor. I say "what are you doing, Courtney" "I'm cleaning, Mommy" she says. We go back to bed. "I want water"....you know the drill. We are still working on nap time. Actually right now, she is sleeping on the couch. But, night time is going well. We have taught her that she can come in our room when it's light outside. I must say, I do love her walking up next to the bed and me opening my eyes to her smile. That is a gift from above!

This was this morning. Just relaxing! This is what summer is all about. Eating peanut butter sandwiches, watching Little Einsteins in our jammies!

1 comment:

James and Shanna said...

Court!! Your kitchen is awesome.. Can I use it?? Maybe I will bake some bananas too!