Sunday, February 15, 2009

post valentine's day blues...

He loves me not...no, not my husband. He will always love me. My computer! I may be wrong using the term "he" when referencing my laptop, it acts much more like a 'she'. Whatever, IT hates me! I had it in for service a month or so ago and decided to clear it all off first. I backed up everything onto a handy dandy dvd+r that holds more than enough stuff all on one disk. I thought that was great; I'll make it brand new, send it off, they will fix the keyboard that Courtney felt looked better without the \ key and I would get this "like new", perfect working order computer back. Oh the dreams I had of posting pictures, typing emails, getting reminders again. But, my dreams have been crushed. My computer does not want to read the disk I burned. Yes, the ONE disk that has EVERYTHING on it does not want to work. I was ok with that last night. I got over the pictures I have lost and the information along with it. I thought, I'll just revert back to an older back up disk and I will survive. No, no, no. Not in the cards for Annie either. The outlook backup gets about 99% done then says "can not read disk" or some cr*p like that! To make things even better, I have recently cleaned out my office and gotten rid of all my 'old old backup' disks. I figured I wouldn't need them. I guess, I was right, I don't need them. But I sure would like them! So, no contacts, no pictures from the month of January (which is a lot when you are me), no documents, no calendar events, no...heck, I don't even remember what else. Oh well, at least my husband still loves me. :-P

No comments: