Tuesday, February 24, 2009

non-nap, nap post

Right now I am laying on my bed listening to my daughter not nap during nap time. It is actually pretty cute and since she took a small nap on the way home today, it is ok. Well, and to be honest, James and Brady are watching her tonight for a few hours so I am ok with her being grumpy. :-)  She's just in there talking to herself/babies, singing to her music, calling out her friend's names, telling her baby what to do...so far, no holler for mommy yet, surprisingly

Anyway, I thought since the internet fellas finally came today to fix our DSL that has been down for over a week, it would be a great time to post. I just uploaded 11 pictures, why does it put them in the wrong order? I try to upload them backwards and they are backwards, I try to upload them normal and they are backwards. What the heck?!?!

And there is the poo poo cry...the cry she knows I have to come check at least. So the cry she uses even when there is no poo poo. Brilliance at such a young age. Maybe she'll be a politician! :-) I think NOT.

Nope, no poo.

Nana and Bopa came to visit on their way back from CA last week and Courtney was happy to have them. (so was I of course) Every time she has been with them, there are tons of people there so she hasn't really gotten comfy yet but I think it helped for them to be at her house and just have the two of them. She was supposed to go visit for the weekend but I started having an anxiety attack (quite literally) and decided to wait a couple weeks. Not that I don't want her to have some time without Mommy and Daddy but I wasn't ready for the first time to be 4 days! I thought I was ok but I wasn't. So, she is going to stay the first weekend in March, just for 2 days. We'll start small.
On Valentine's Day I took Paul and the kids to a chocolate festival in Eureka. It was cool, for Eureka. On the way back we stopped by Turpentine Creek to see the lions and tigers and bears. The bears were hibernating but we saw lots of lions and tigers. Courtney is OBSESSED with Alex (Madagascar) so she thought they were all Alex and was calling them all Alex. I was surprised how much she was interested in seeing all the big cats. 



This guy woke up and was huge!!! I was so glad he woke up though because he truly looks like Alex. Courtney was just in awe!
I think he wanted to eat my sweet little baby girl...

Ethan wanted to know how close he was getting to the pole...In this picture it looks like he's getting close, but it's the closest pole he was trying to touch. He is so cute!
Two random pictures of Courtney. This is her wearing Ethan's shirt and 'taking a nap'.
Just chillin' after a tough day at school. Listening to some Casting Crowns on the iPhone. She has a strange desire to listen to music on headphones. Even in the car she wants to plug the headphones in to 'her music' in the back of the Tahoe. 

No comments: