Friday, November 28, 2008

the dumbest thing i have ever done

This morning I woke up at 4:30 and left to go shopping. I had my list and we were going to get some super duper deals! Why did I even think that was a good idea? Did I not realize it when I got to Walmart and the entire parking lot was full? Not only full but people were parking across the street in Home Depot's parking lot and walking. That was not enough evidence for me so I found a spot, locked the truck and started walking. As I entered the store I must have fallen back asleep since I proceeded to grab a cart. Why would one grab a cart when one can not even push that cart more than 2 feet without hitting someone?(NOT exaggerating here) I don't know. At this point I abandon the cart in search of the one thing we really wanted to get Courtney. I see someone with one in their cart, approach her and say "where are those located". She kindly replies "they are all gone, there were only 8 of them and I had my hand on this one (literally) since 3:45 AM". At this point I leave. That is not my idea of fun. I am so thankful I didn't go with anyone. I think the only one I could have gone with was my Dad as he would have thought it was the most ridiculous thing also and gladly left along with me. 

After this I drive over to Target. Surely it can't be as bad as Walmart. As I get closer I see Target has not even opened their doors yet. But the line to get in is seriously a half a mile long! Needless to say, I drove my tired butt home and climbed back in bed empty handed. 

This was the dumbest thing I have ever done.

1 comment:

Janny said...

I usually get up and go out, but this year I got up at midnight ordered the camera on walmart online I had to pay 6 dollars for shipping but it was worth it. then I went out at 7 to shop. next time I will have to find out what it is you are looking for. Hope you all have a great Christmas