Friday, December 10, 2010

the brokenhearted

Psalm 34:18 "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted 
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

This verse rings true when I think about my trip. One of the things that hit me most from my trip was the homeless and the love from Christ. Some times as we go about out daily lives, filled with errands and chores, work and play, we find Christ's love on the back burner. Not where it was intended to be. Some of the people I came across had nothing, nothing to do the next day, no job to go to, no family to kiss good night, no floor to mop, no food to eat. But they had the love of Christ. Someone said that sometimes it takes having nothing to have Christ. They don't need to "make room" for him as we some times do, all they have is room. I am so humbled to hear a homeless man profess Christ's love and forgiveness.




No comments: