Monday, September 14, 2009

3 weekend of Les Mills training...COMPLETED!

So apparently I got the fitness bug somewhere and it has fully attached to me and isn't letting go! 3 weeks ago I went into Fuel Fitness to sign up for the Body Pump training and some how I let them convince me to also sign up for the Body Combat training. That was the hardest training I have ever done...it was also the first training I have ever done. If you don't know what Body Pump is, I would explain it in Layman's terms as "Tae Bo on steroids". It is literally 55 min of intense moves and heart racing energy...NO BREAKS! I was not ready for that AND teaching at the same time. I got a 'resit' in that class. Les Mills is very positive and therefore there is no "fail" in their classes. I would have to do day 2 of the training again to get a pass. I'm not sure it's for me anyway, but eventually I will pass it completely.
The next weekend Kelsey and I headed to Tulsa, OK for Body Pump training. Now that was AWESOME! I absolutely love Body Pump and was so much more comfortable teaching it. Kelsey and I both passed that class and have moved to team teaching at Fuel. We both will have our own classes starting in October, so check it out!
After passing Body Pump I was convinced that I should keep going and just this last weekend was RPM. WHOA! Again, out of my 'comfort zone' being all cardio and all, but it was also Awesome! We had the same instructor: Justin Sanchez. If you ever do a Les Mills training, I would suggest going to his class. He knows what he's doing and is very helpful to pull you along as far as you can go in 2-3 days. Yeah, did I mention these classes are 3 days, 9 hours each day? RPM was only 2 days at 9 hours a piece though. :-) Kelsey and I also passed this module and will be team teaching for a few weeks.
I'm all done now, passed and ready to get learning all the tracks to teach on my own. But, back to being a Mommy on the weekends! I MISSED my baby!!!!

No comments: